Friday, May 21, 2010

Glory Glory

It is SO muggy here in Chi!  I'm looking forward to the hot weekend ahead however it may be a little sweaty moving in the 90 degree heat.  Oh well, I will not be cleaning about the heat!  :)

Well my food supply is still shrinking and I'm not replenishing until I move on Sunday so until then, I'll just have to be creative.
Last night I threw together stir fry with broccoli, frozen peas and asparagus, garlic, chicken and onions.  It was pretty good for being thrown together with stuff around the house.

After I snacked on some strawberry yogurt with cinnamon Puffins.  The cinnamon puffins definitely go better with vanilla yogurt.


This morning I had an interview (which was successful!) so I was up early to make some cream of wheat, blueberries, flax and agave.  It was good but I was very hungry (and in need of some coffee) when I got home from the interview.  I grabbed a Bagel Thin with some cream cheese.  I am SO in love with the Bagel Thins.  It's the perfect amount of bagel for 110 calories.  I loved the everything bagels but the whole wheat ones were too.


I'm so excited I finally found a job!  I'm not sure how much I'll be paid yet but it involves nutrition assessments for meal plans, recipe development and human resources.  I'm excited and I think it will be a great experience.  Not to mention I'm so glad the job search is over...until next year when I'm looking for a full time career, eeek!

The gym at my school only has summer hours Mon-Fri, 10am-3pm so my job will keep me from making it during these times.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.  That gym is SO hot so I wouldn't mind finding a new one with AC for the summer that isn't too expensive.  Today I was completely dripping after my run!

When I got home I made a grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I missed having tomatoes on it but it was good nonetheless.

Tonight I made a hamburger with ketchup, mustard and onion.  I missed lettuce and tomato but yep, all out of those.  I also had some glorified beans.  I just put two cans of french style green beans and a can of cream of mushroom soup topped with bread crumbs at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  They are good leftover too!

I'm off to attempt to start packing (we'll see how that goes.)
Happy Friday!
Tara (:

3 comments:

  1. The new job sounds really interesting! I am starting to think I need to make a change to a career in food/nutrition of some sort. Not convinced of the corporate world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May? What's up, quit blogging???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got some sandwich thins for the first time- although they aren't bagel ones.. I really enjoyed them! I'll have to try the bagel thins next time!

    ReplyDelete