Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fat Wrap

Again, I woke up feelin sick this morning but I do feel better than I did yesterday.  (I must feel better by tomorrow because two of my best girlfriends are coming to visit!)  I made maple syrup oatmeal and decided to try topping it with my homemade granola and some TJ's peanut butter.  It was good but I don't know if I like it that much better than plain oatmeal.  The great thing about it was that it kept me full until after my workout.  I also tried another Ellie Krieger recipe.  I made some iced coffee.



Here's what I did with the iced coffee:
  • Mix 1 Tbsp of sugar with 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.
  • Add 1/4 cup of boiling water until dissolved.
  • Put in blender with 1c ice, 2 c skim milk, 1 banana.
I didn't follow the recipe exactly.  I was suppose to freeze the banana, which I think would have been better.  I also didn't add any cocoa powder which was an option.  If I made it again I would half the recipe and not include sugar.  I might also use soy milk instead.

When I hit the gym today I was going to follow my plan.  I started with a ten minute warm up walk, then I did weight training with Hannah and also did a 15 minute incline cool down.  It felt very strange not to run or do more cardio but I'm trying to get that out of my mindset of run, run, run.  My arms did feel like jello after.

Yesterday I accidentally bought two OJ's while grocery shopping.  What's wrong with me??  Anyway, must be a sign that I need to drink it to feel better.  Which I still don't know if that is true or not.  I also made a MONSTER wrap because I'm hoping it will last until I get out of class tonight.  I had a whole wheat wrap and added, turkey, spinach, swiss and blue cheese, tomato, onion, cucumber and italian dressing.  It was delicious but a little too big.



Off to shower before class, ugh.  Can't wait for this weekend!

Tara (:


No comments:

Post a Comment