Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Munchies

It seems that when weekends roll around I become a serious slacker when it comes to blogging.  However, a couple of my best girlfriends were here this weekend so I needed some time to relax and hang with them. What a weekend!  I didn't take pics of everything but I tried to take them when we ate out.
I started my weekend with some maple syrup oatmeal.

Friday night we were celebrating Kate's bday so we were out and about in the city.  Saturday we all had a slow start to our day due to our late night on Friday.  We had tickets to a show at night so we found a cute little restaurant around the bar.  Wishbone was a southern cooking joint.  It was pretty good however I don't know if I would go back.  They did serve rolls and cornbread before which were so good!

I decided to get a burger on brown bread.

The show we went to after dinner was Bye Bye Liver.  It was an interactive, drinking, comedy show.  It was so funny and I had a lot of great laughs.  I would definitely go again.  I think that both men and women would enjoy it although just my girlfriends and I went.  After the show I saw they had one of my FAV beers.  I ordered a Founder's Red Rye and although it wasn't as good as draft, I still loved it!

We also got hungry again later on so we ordered the spinach artichoke appetizer.  (I like having my appetizer after dinner haha.)  It was AMAZING.  I love spinach artichoke dip I just wish it was a bit healthier for me.  haha

This morning I was in a little bit of a rush to get back into the city to meet up with the girls so I made some cream of wheat, banana and agave.  Yum!

We walked around the city until we were ready for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  I have never eaten at this famous restaurant but WOW.  My whole meal was delicious and then the cheesecake was amazing of course!  I got the four seasons pizza which had four different sections and a caesar salad.



For dessert, Kristi and I split the carrot cake cheesecake.  It was hard to decide from all the different choices but I think we made the right decision.  It was fabulous!

Like I said, what a weekend!  I had such a great time with my girlfriends but boy am I tired and I really think I'm sick.  They are preparing us for lots of snow here in Chi so I plan on staying in in my pjs, making spaghetti squash and cheering on Team USA in the hockey game!

Tara (:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Cheesecake factory is my FAVORITE! That pizza looks awesome! The carrot cake cheesecake was a good choice...my other fav is key lime cheesecake!! yum-o! Sounds like a weekend of good-eaten!

    ReplyDelete