Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Day After The Super Bowl!

Hope everyone had fun celebrating The Saints victory!  I have been craving pancakes for a while now so yesterday I whipped up some whole grain pancakes and topped with bananas and syrup.  MMM  I also finished the leftover batter this morning with a bowl of cereal!

After I went to the gym yesterday AND IT WAS CLOSED????  Marie and I went on a long walk around the neighborhood.  It was a beautiful sunny day out!  When we got back I was quite hungry but didn't want to eat too big of a lunch so that I would be hungry for our Super Bowl snacks!  I had a few slices of colby jack cheese and some brown rice with a salad.





Finally last night it was time to eat the food!  I had started chili the night before in the crock pot.  It was Keith's recipe and it turned out pretty good.  (Although I still think it tastes better when he makes it.)  The rest of the food was great too!

Here's what I did for the chili:
  • Brown 1 medium onion, five stalks of celery and 1 lb of ground beef.
  • 1 can chili beans
  • 1 can northern beans, rinsed
  • 1 can light kidney beans, rinsed
  • 1 can dark kidney beans, rinsed
  • cumin to taste
  • basil to taste
  • oregano to taste
  • black pepper to taste
Once again, I LOVE cooking in the crock pot.  It is so easy!

Time to hit the gym and get ready for an interview, wish me luck!

Tara (:



No comments:

Post a Comment