Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Green!

Go White!  Well actually I guess just go green on St. Patty's Day but I can't help but miss MSU and all the green celebrations there on this holiday!
Yesterday Jenna and I made plans to meet at her place in the city at 11 and go for a run.  It was a beautiful day so I couldn't wait to be outside.  I made a coffee and an omelette (actually egg scramble...woops) and toast.  I added tomato, mushroom, onion, cheese, avocado and pepper.  It was so good.  I haven't added avocado to my omelette before and didn't know what I was missing out on.  I usually put milk in my omelettes but I tried putting TJ's whole grain drink in instead.  Didn't really work out.  It didn't mix in well.  A little runny, but it tasted good.





I headed to Jenna's and we started our run but soon after my bracelet that Keefer got me flew off.  We spent a while looking for the charm and thank goodness I found it.  Anyways after that we started walking and then just talked the rest of the way.  It was so nice to just walk and chat but I felt a little guilty that we weren't running.  :/  Oh well, it was exercise all the same.  We walked all along the lake and through some of the neighborhoods.  It was so nice!  I would have brought my camera if I knew we were going to walk so much.  It made me so jealous that everyone was out celebrating though and we were going to study after our walk.  We were both starving so we decided to go out to grab a marg and some lunch from a place called Cafe El Tapatio in Lakeview.  It was SO good.  I love authentic Mexican food.  We split the chimichanga which was delicious and filling, had some spicy salsa (I had to ask for special mild) and a HUGE marg.  I couldn't even finish it.



Hancock Tower and a beautiful Chi day!

I picked Marie up from her interview (same one I had Mon) downtown and we headed to our new house to meet with the landlord.  We are suppose to sign next week.  WOOHOO!  After our meeting we had to hit the books for a few hours so I munched on some veggie chips (bad pic, sorry.)  I love these things!

We got done with our homework pretty late and I still was pretty full from lunch so I just had my leftover green beans.  Boring dinner, I know.

Now I'm off to study for an accounting midterm that I have tomorrow.  UGH.  Can't wait for the weekend and for Keefer to be here!  Yeah!

Tara (:

2 comments:

  1. The Mexican food looks awesome! Good luck on your test tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your test! Your food looks delish!

    I graduated from Northern Michigan in 2008 and then moved back to my parents house, and last November I moved to PA. PA is nothing like Michigan and I want to go home lol.


    Good thing you found your charm that would have been horrible to lose it!

    ReplyDelete