Monday, March 15, 2010

Presents

Ahoy from Chicago!  I made it back to The Windy City early this morning.  I left East Lansing around 7:30am which was earlier than usual but I wanted to get back with plenty of time to spare before my interview.  Last night I could NOT fall asleep.  I really think that it is one of the worst feelings laying in bed at night tossing and turning ESPECIALLY when you know you have to get up early.  Needless to say I'm EXHAUSTED today.  I got to East Lansing late Saturday night so we could hang out all day Sunday.  This is the beautiful foggy weather I left at home...
You can't even see across the lake!

Keith was gone all week volunteering on an Indian Reservation this past week for spring break and brought me back a delicious bar.  It was like buffalo jerky with cranberries, YUM!

He also got me this necklace (which I'm wearing as a bracelet) from one of the local artists.  I love it!  The charm is made from a nickel.  The deer reminds me of up north.

This morning while Keefer was still tucked in bed I was eating a bowl of frosted mini wheats.  (It was way too early to remember to take a pic.)

By the time I got back to Chi and unpacked I was hungry again so I grabbed some soup.
  It was okay but nothing great.

I didn't know how long it would take to get downtown to my interview so I left way early and got there way early.  I just walked around Michigan Ave. and wandered until my interview.  I had almost forgotten they dyed the river green!

After the interview I was starving so I headed home for some of Mom's spaghetti that she sent back with me.  I also had some green beans and cottage cheese.  






I wanted another serving because it was so good but I'm really trying to cut back on my portion sizes.


For dessert I had yogurt mixed with granola.

My eyelids are so heavy.  G'night!

Tara (:

1 comment:

  1. Love the Chicago pictures! I miss Chicago. When I was in the mitten friends and I would go their constantly. You're bracelet is very cute too! It's very up north :]

    ReplyDelete