Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ra Ra Ra!

Like always, the agenda changed for yesterday.  We did try a new place for lunch which we have heard awesome things about.  Everytime I drive by Johnnies the line is out the door.  Keith and I decided we needed to try this place so we headed there for lunch.  It's a tiny hole in the wall but those are always the best places!

I got a combo italian sausage and beef.  Yummm!

We weren't planning on ordering an italian ice in the middle of winter but we were told we had to and thank goodness we did!



We were planning on trying a new chicken recipe for dinner however we got talked into going out for happy hour sushi at Ra.  They have happy hour six days a week!  I had hot sake and a lemon drop martini.  Sorry for the sideways pics!



We were seated at the bar so it was fun to watch them make the rolls!



Keith and I got lobster spring roll appetizers.  SO good.



I also got an uchi no salad.  I LOVE ginger salad dressing.  Does anyone know any good recipes?


I ordered the tootsy maki and Keith ordered the Viva Las Vegas.  Both were great!





Flash ruined the pic!

For dessert we tried one of Carrots N' Cake's ideas and it was great!  We had peanut butter on a slimwich half topped with chocolate chips.  It was great, I wish I had just toasted the slimwich.

Last night we headed out to Lincoln Park for some drinks so this morning we woke up wanting some yummy french toast.  Haven't had the healthiest breakfasts the last two mornings but they sure have been yummy.

Today we are going to try our new dinner recipe because we didn't last night.  First we are going to go check out all the buzz about Avatar!

Tara (:

No comments:

Post a Comment