Friday, January 29, 2010

Surprise Flowers

Today was one of our occasional Chicago area intern meetings.  We learned all about resume writing, interviewing and dealing with the media.  It was fun and informative for the most part.  The resume writing was especially helpful I thought.
Before I headed out for the day I made some cream of wheat with banana and agave.  Really hoping I don't get sick of this anytime soon because it is soo good!

At the conference I was starving by the time lunch hit and I think I overate.  None of the foods I chose from the cafeteria were too exceptional either.  Bummer.  I chose half a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich (def not as good as mine haha), chicken soup and taco salad.

I snacked on a Fiber One bar towards the end of day so I wouldn't over-indulge in the next meal too.  By the time I got home it felt so good to get into my comfys.  The VERY BEST part of the day was what I came home to find at my apartment.



Keith sent me sunflowers (my fav) in a cute purple bucket (my fav color) with a wonderful note.  What can I say, I'm a lucky girl (:

I was SO tempted to order a pizza for dinner because I was craving it but I told myself I had to have some self control so I decided to make stir fry and roasted yellow squash.  Both turned out great!  Look how steamy...



For the roasted squash I:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Cut into thin slices
  • Brush with olive oil
  • Add chopped garlic to the top
  • Season with pepper and Mrs. Dash
Delicious!  Can't wait to try with my zucchini tomorrow.

For the stir fry I was trying to be economical but creative so here's what I added:
  • Frozen broccoli
  • Frozen zucchini
  • Frozen peas
  • Frozen cut okra (first time using and loved it!)
  • Frozen asparagus
  • Fresh tomato
  • Fresh mushrooms
  • Grilled chicken breast
  • Olive oil
  • Soy sauce
I love using frozen vegetables because they are often packed with the same nutrients as fresh veggies without the price.  They also don't have the sodium of canned veggies.  I didn't measure anything which is sometimes the best way to cook I think.  (Just being careful with the oil and soy sauce.)  I wish I would have added a million more mushrooms but overall it was a great meal.  I have enough left over for an army so hopefully I don't get sick of eating it this weekend.  I paired my dinner with a glass of white wine and skim milk of course!

For dessert I had a piece of Grandma's oatmeal bread.  Hit the spot.

Now it's time to catch up on my sleep.  I don't have an alarm set for tomorrow...what a wonderful feeling!

Nighty night

Tara (:

No comments:

Post a Comment