Sunday, January 17, 2010

Three Day Goodness

Thank goodness for MLK Day and three day weekends!  I'm relaxing on a Sunday night watching the Golden Globe Awards with my beau!  (So many beautiful gowns to see!)  Our between breakfast and lunch snack today was a smoothie. I wanted to add fresh melon but soommmmmeeebody (coughkeefercough) doesn't like melon.  It was still very tasty though!

For lunch we had butternut squash soup from Trader Joe's that I've heard great things about.  I topped it with a tad of oregano and it was delicious!  We also had grilled cheese with tomatoes, YUM!






After seeing Avatar, (Good!) we got to try our new recipe and thank goodness we did.  Keith found this recipe.  Chicken Gruyere with sauteed mushrooms just may be one of my new fav recipes!  SOOOO GOOOOOOD!

We are both huge mushroom fans but these mushrooms truly made the recipe!  I could have even had more.  I especially liked that they were halved and not chopped up.


The gruyere cheese was great but it was fairly pricey so we both agreed another white cheese could be used and still be just as tasty.  Can't wait to make this again!


We had acorn squash (with a bit of margarine and brown sugar) and fresh green beansf on the side.



For dessert we tried one of Carrots N' Cake's ideas.  Her 3 minute oatmeal raisin cookie turned out to be a yummy treat.  We added dried cranberries which were great in it!  We each topped with our own favorite brand of peanut butter.  Keith loves Jif and I love Krema.  It's an everlasting argument.  I think I'm close to changing him though...

I'm off to enjoy my last night with Keefer here!  (and order some textbooks, ugh.)

Nighty night,

Tara (:

No comments:

Post a Comment