Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

Whether I was ready or not, everything started back up today.  I had to head to the hospital this morning for a class for my internship.  Luckily it didn't last too long and it was interesting to see where I'll be for the next three and a half months!

When my alarm went off this morning I sure wasn't excited about the early rise but once I'm up, I'll like to get a head start on the day.  I began with the chicory coffee Keefer got me and it was DELICIOUS!  Very rich and tasty.  I didn't drink it out of the new cup he got me.  He snuck it in my bag yesterday with a note that said it was only for tea.  Don't you hate when you are drinking tea out of a mug that permanently tastes like coffee??

I am always starving right when I wake up no matter what the time so I was anxious to get some breakfast.  I made some cream of wheat topped with a banana and a bit of agave nectar.  SO GOOD!!!





On the train home I snacked on some mini caramel rice cakes.  I love taking the train instead of driving.  I read a book and relaxed the whole way home on this beautiful, sunny Chicago day.
View on the way home.  Pretty!



When I got home I made some lunch.  I absolutely love TJ's hummus.  It's so fluffy.  I got the quartet so there were four different kinds to try.  The garlic is definitely my favorite.  Not a fan of the roasted red pepper (ickkkk peppers.)  I'll have to save that for Keefer when he comes this weekend.  My salad was simple but yummy! Just a bit of spinach, a small apple, cucumber, tomatoes, colby jack cheese and Italian dressing.



I'm off to work out at the tiny school gym again.

Until tonight....

Tara (:


3 comments:

  1. what's tonight?

    chicory coffee from cafe du monde! the original french market coffee stand right in new orleans :)

    i wanna try that agave nectar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped in to say hi! This is an adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blonde Duck!

    Keefer, we will try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete